Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Holidays!


Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

If you're like me, you feel slightly devoid of the Christmas spirit...

If you're lucky, you don't.

It's times like these that make me wish it was slightly easier for me to find someone to share it with. When you have a family like mine you love em, but can hardly tolerate the racially-charged and otherwise meaningless conversation they offer at Christmas parties.

Seeing my cousin and her boyfriend of...what is it now? Three years? Four? made me wish for a special someone to bring home to the family, too.

I'm a couple-oriented person who is rarely in a couple. When I say rarely, I mean I've only ever had a relationship with one person. Chuck and I had a thing sophomore year of high school. Oooh, Miss Experience. Ignoring I was still hung up over him for the greater portion of high school, there weren't many prospective others back to distract me anyway. We'll also ignore any strong feelings I still have for him and focus on people I actually have a chance with. Cool.

This Christmas wasn't the best I've ever had, and although it had me down well into the afternoon I'm over it now. I tend to keep on fighting. I'll just have to find myself a "plus-one" in the next few months. It'll definitely make this blog more interesting.

By the way, is anyone else slightly creeped out by the man-thong? Add to Technorati Favorites

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, my Christmas of '08 was the worst I experienced because I lost my grandmother in August of last year and my mom in September, both due to cancer. I don't feel too bad about my grandmother because she was in her '90s and had a cancer scare years earlier before the relapse. My mom, though, was only 61, and the time between diagnosis and death was less than three months.

    It was a quiet Christmas.

    That isn't to say you should be grateful, though. I understand the pain of not having an intimate loved one and I honestly hope things turn your way soon.

    ReplyDelete